This April, I’m thankful for:
* showers that bring May flowers
* mowing the lawn on a sunny and mild afternoon
* April Fool’s Day, zinged a couple of friends by convincing them I was changing careers 🙂
* permission from the senior pastor of PHPC to hit him several times in the face with a squirt bottle as part of last week’s Children’s sermon on Jesus Calming the Storm.
* Katie’s discover of the word “cat” which she pronounces without the “t” and how excited she becomes whenever she sees our two cats Harper and Dylan
* the smile on her face when we sit Katie in front of her Schoenhutt wooden toy piano
* LOST, Chuck, Scrubs, My Name Is Earl, The Office, and The Daily Show–nice diversions and mental breaks from the junk that is TV news.
* the opportunity to meet Condoleeza Rice, a Birmingham native and PC(USA) preacher’s kid.
* The new children’s book “Forever Young” by Bob Dylan with terrific illustrations by Paul Rodgers
* the time Katie and I spent today at the “Little Gym” crawling on mats, walking on balance beams, playing with bubbles and chilling under the parachute
* the Hershey’s candy-bars with home-made wrappers expressing thanks for the work of youth leaders, made by the parent of a youth
* Funny emails from friends and church members that always come when you’re in dire need of a laugh
* Birds and rabbits in the backyard
* tickets to see U2 in October!
* growing relationships with youth and other members at PHPC
* Easter season
* Comic books whose imaginative and brillainst stories are fun, thought-provoking, and compelling